We start the series of Christmas recipes, dear ones, with some vegan, gluten-free cookies, with coconut flour and chocolate, which I made with the thought of both my vegan friends (from whom I have learned so much lately), and in those on a gluten-free diet. Because everyone has to sweeten up a little for the holidays, am I right ?! 😀There are some thumbprint cookies, in fact, filled with raspberry jam and sprinkled with coconut flakes, which, after baking, crack on the edges like truffle biscuits and have a great blackish consistency, with a moist and fragile interior. Absolutely delicious !!! I hope to be able to prepare a vegan cake, worthy of a holiday as beautiful and bright as Christmas! Kiss you all sweet, dear friends, vegans or non-vegans!😀
Step By Step Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the cookie dough, which must be kept in the fridge overnight, melt the dark chocolate, broken into pieces, together with the canned coconut milk (try to take as much “coconut butter” from the can, that layer that separate from coconut milk). Then set aside to cool.
During this time, beat the coconut oil (not solid, but soft, at room temperature) with the brown sugar, in a tall bowl, approx. 1-2 minutes with the mixer. Separately, mix the coconut flour with the baking powder. Pour the chocolate composition into the bowl and mix briefly, and finally add the flour. Mix everything very well, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
The next day, heat the oven to 180 degrees C (proper heat) and line a large cookie sheet with baking paper. It is formed from the dough, with the help of a teaspoon, equal balls that are placed in the tray, at a distance from each other.Print
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 7 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Total Time: 19 Minutes
- Yield: 24-36 COOKIES 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 cups flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1–1 or AP flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegan shortening (can also sub with solid coconut oil or room temperature butter- see notes below)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325° and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, use an electric mixer (or stand up mixer) and beat the shortening, water, vanilla extract, brown sugar and cane sugar until blended well. Don’t worry if it looks a little chunky, that will disappear soon.
- Stir in the flour, a little at a time until incorporated and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2″ between each dough ball. Bake approximately 12-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown the the center is a pretty golden color.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before final cooling on a cookie rack.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 108 kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 109mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip